Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yarn & Felt Fall Wreath with a Wild Side


Happy Autumn my friends! The earth is full of His Glory! So thankful today for cooler temperatures, the warmth of family, the smells of pumpkin and cloves, and the taste of hot cocoa and tea. Autumn is undoubtably my all-time favorite season, and I love to decorate with the colors of Fall, Mums, and Pumpkins.

 
Recently, I saw a simple yarn-wrapped wreath tutorial on one of my favorite blogs, Six Sisters Stuff, and I decided to recreate it in some fun Autumn shades, a little bling, and a leopard ribbon to coordinate with our family room decor. It turned out super cute, and I can't wait to hang it on our bedroom door which shows in the family room. Because I chose neutral colors like brown, cream, and mustard, I can display the wreath year-round.

If you would like detailed instructions and a simple tutorial, just click here:
 http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/09/diy-ruffles-and-yarn-fall-wreath.html

For my wreath,
I bought a super saver skein of brown yarn at Hobby Lobby (it was $2.99 & I used a 40% off coupon). I found a 16 inch foam wreath at Michaels for $9.99, and I hada 50% off coupon so it only cost $5.00. I had the felt, ribbon, and coordinating button. So, the entire wreath cost me less than $7 to make.

I chose cream and mustard colored felt and used brown thread to do my running stitch through the felt. I had a fun mustardy-brown colored button that I hot glued to the center of the mustard felt heart. I used wide leopard print ribbon to make a bow and loop to hang it on (and to add a little "funk" to my wreath :-))

Although the wreath was simple and cheap to make, it was time-consuming. The tutorial says that it takes 30 minutes to wrap the wreath with the yarn twice. However, I don't think that is humanly possible (at least not with little blessings that require food, play time, etc...) I wrapped my wreath with the yarn in spurts over the period of three days. The second layer was much easier and faster.

Blessings dear friends! You are prayed for and loved so passionately by your Heavenly Father. Delight in Him today-Oh, how He delights in you!! Bless the Lord, O My Soul!
 
Enjoy this You Tube video of one of my favorite songs by clicking on the link below:





No comments:

Post a Comment