Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Stop what you are doing right now and run to your closest Target or grocery store and buy as many bags of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses as you can find. Seriously! These special edition Hershey Kisses are unbelievably yummy. My hubby and I sampled a few to celebrate the first day of Autumn last week, and it was super hard to restrain ourselves from eating them all in order to save some for this recipe. The same dear friend who sent me the recipe for the awesome Pumpkin Poppers that I recently posted sent me this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Kisses Cookies. They are AMAZING! The spiced cookie is incredible and the Kiss on top makes it over-the-top yummy. The original recipe can be found here: http://jujugoodnews.com/pumpkin-spice-kiss-cookies/ . I posted the recipe below, with my changes. I substituted pumpkin pie spice for the spices she used, and I added a few tips to help during the baking process.

Have a Blessed Weekend Dear Friends! You are dearly loved and prayed for!! I pray that you can give your worries and burdens to God and rest in His peace and faithfulness as you trust Him for everything that weighs heavy on your heart.

Psalm 68:19

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
    who daily bears our burdens."

 

Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 generous teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 package Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap Hershey Kisses and set aside.
 2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Gradually add to butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
 4. Place rounded tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Spray your parchment paper with PAM or the cookies will stick!). Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the center of the cookie. Move to a cooling rack to finish cooling. I stuck the plate of cookies in the frig for 15 minutes so the kisses would harden before I wrapped the dish in plastic wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment