Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Poppers



My love for pumpkin is widely known by those closest to me, so when one of my dear friends saw this recipe she immediately sent it my way. I made them this weekend for our Sunday School brunch, and they were absolutely delicious! They are probably one of the best things I have ever made. These little donut poppers taste decadent, like they were bought in a gourmet bakery (according to my husband). And, one friend said they taste "fancy" :-). And, I fully believe that everyone needs a little fancy in their life :-).

 I followed the recipe from the "Clever Housewife" with the exception of adding a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the topping mixture. I wanted to give it an extra Autumnal flair. The original recipe can be found here:

http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/14359248/pumpkin-poppers-clever-housewife/

 I have posted the recipe below with my change added.

 Make these today, but don't expect them to last long. My son was popping them in his mouth one right after another :-). They are the perfect Fall treat to enjoy on crisps mornings with coffee, hot tea, or cocoa.

 Our family has had a challenging month on so many levels. This song by Kristian Stanfill continues to bless and encourage my heart. No matter what you are going through, God will come through ALWAYS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN7L3m9jIcc


 Psalm 40:11
LORD, don’t hold back your tender mercies from me. Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me.

 

Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Poppers

Ingredients: 1¾
cups all-purpose flour
2
tsp baking powder
½
tsp salt
½
tsp cinnamon
½
tsp nutmeg
½
tsp allspice
tsp ground cloves
cup vegetable oil
½
cup brown sugar
1
egg
1
tsp vanilla extract
¾
cup pumpkin (fresh or canned, but not pumpkin pie filling)
½
cup low-fat milk
For Coating:
1
stick of unsalted butter, melted
cup granulated sugar
2
Tbs cinnamon plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° and spray your muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk till combined.
In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients (oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk).
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
Using a cookie scoop, fill mini muffin tins until almost full. There should be plenty of batter to do this. Bake for 10-12 minutes. While Poppers are baking, melt your butter (I melt mine in a bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds).
In a small bowl combine your sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
Let the poppers cool for a few minutes before rolling them around in the melted butter and then plunging them into their cinnamon sugar bath. Set pumpkin poppers on parchment paper to completely cool before devouring
J.
Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment