Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sour Cream Banana Cake-The Perfect Holiday Bread to Share!


 
 
I LOVE this time of year because it gives me an exuse to bake lots of yummy treats to share with my family and friends. When I saw this recipe for Sour Cream Banana Cake, I knew that I had to make add it to my baking list. It turned out so moist and absolutely delicious. I made two batches and baked them in cute little Christmas loaf pans that I found at Michaels for $1 each. I loved sharing this bread with my MOPS group and our Sunday School class. It was a super easy recipe to follow, and the sour cream made it nice and rich
Bake some and share the love with your neighbors and friends. I love to give gifts because it makes the recipient feel loved.
 
Enjoy dear friends. You are prayed for and loved dearly by your Heavenly Father! I hope you enjoy this song that we sang in church today. It blessed my heart. One Thing Remains-His LOVE never fails; never gives up; never runs out on you!!


Sour Cream Banana Cake

Ingredients

  • 1 pkg. (2 layer size) yellow, white, or butter cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3-4)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil with mixer on low or until moistened, scraping bottom of bowl often.
  3. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
  4. Bake 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
  5. Use a 13×9 or full size bundt pan. (I used loaf pans-both the 8 inch size and the mini ones: One recipe makes two large loaves or four mini loaves)
  6. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment