Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mounds Brownies & Our God who will Never Forget


My hubby is particpating in a Fantasy Football League with guys from our Sunday School class, and they are meeting today to do their draft picks. One of his favorite candy bars is a Mounds Bar. So, when I saw this recipe for Mounds Brownies on pinterest, I knew I had to make them for him to take to the get-together. He absolutely loved them. We found out that they taste exceptionally yummy when served cold from the refrigerator. So, be store to serve your leftovers in the frig. However, I doubt there will be many leftovers ;-). This is the perfect treat for the upcoming Football season.

As a Mom of young kiddos, I often find myself worshipping on the go. My children and I have especially loved singing along to this song lately. My one year old loves to raise her hands in the air and "Praise Jesus" with the biggest smile on her face. It blesses me so much to see their child-like faith.  Here is a video of the song for you to enjoy. I love the line: "I will not worry or fret; my God is the God who will never forget; all of His goodness; all of His promises; He's holding my world in His hands."

Blessings to you my dear friends! You are prayed for daily and loved immensely by your Heavenly Father who is holding your world in His hands!
 


Mounds Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 1 Family Size (9x13) pan of brownies, prepared (I used Betty Crocker Triple Chunk)
  • 5 1/3 Cups shredded, sweetened coconut
  • 14oz Can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 ½ Cups powdered sugar
  • 1 Can of chocolate frosting

Directions:
1. Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
2. In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
3. Spread coconut mixture evenly over brownies.
4. Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10-20 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and place in the refrigerator for one hour. Remove from the frig and slice into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment