Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Baked Chocolate Donuts

My son is having a Valentine's Day party at Preschool tomorrow ,and I signed up to make the "cookies". I decided to make these baked donuts in my heart-shaped wilton donut pan. They turned out super cute after I drizzled a jar of hot fudge ( you could also use chocolate syrup) on top and sprinkled heart sprinkles on them. They only take 10 minutes to bake and the entire process took me less than 20 minutes. Since they are baked and not fried, I feel good about offering a semi-healthy treat to the children. I made a few extra ones to serve to my hubby and son on Valentine's Day Morning....just a simple and delicious way to show them how very much I love them. Happy Valentine's Day, dear friends! You are cherished and loved!
Ephesians 3:18-19
"And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
~~~
Baked Chocolate Donuts
(16 small donuts)
Ingredients:
•2 cup flour
•3/4 cup sugar
•1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
•1 tsp baking powder
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 tsp salt
•3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp milk
•2 egg
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•2 Tbsp butter, melted

Directions:
•Mix dry ingredients in bowl. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and butter. Beat until well blended.
•Spray donut pan with cooking spray. Fill each donut cup about 3/4 full (I use a ziploc with the corner snipped to do this neatly). Fills about 12-16 donuts.
•Bake donuts in 325 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, remove from pan.
•Drizzle each donut with hot fudge or chocolate syrup, allow to cool. (optional- sprinkle with toppings). Allow chocolate to set (about 15 minutes). If you don't want to use a chocolate topping you could dust them with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment