Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake (Kiddo Favorite for Summer Time)


During the Summer nothing satisfies quite like an Ice Cream Sandwich. It is the perfect treat on a hot day after your kiddos have played outside or spent the day at the pool. It is even a yummy gift for us Moms who just need a little "happy" in our day :).

This super-easy dessert has only four ingredients, and it is Kid-Friendly. Let your children help you put it together, and turn it into a learning experience. My three year old son helped me, and we both enjoyed licking the cool whip off our fingers and stealing a chocolate sprinkle or two :). We also had fun counting the ice cream sandwiches as we layed them in the pan. He especially loved drizzling the chocolate syrup and sprinkling the sprinkles.
You can make this a healthy treat by using the lowfat ice cream sandwiches, fat free cool whip, and low sugar chocolate syrup. But, if you choose to use the regular stuff, then that's okay too-all that swimming and running around outside will burn the extra calories off :).

Enjoy! You are prayed for daily my friends!


Psalm 16: 5-11 (The Message)


"My choice is you, God, first and only.
And now I find I'm your choice!
You set me up with a house and yard.
And then you made me your heir!

The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake
is confirmed by my sleeping heart.
Day and night I'll stick with God;
I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.

I'm happy from the inside out,
and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell—
that's not my destination!



Now you've got my feet on the life path,
all radiant from the shining of your face.
Ever since you took my hand,
I'm on the right way."


~~
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Ingredients:
12 ice cream sandwiches (I used the mini (100 calorie) ones)
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip (use any flavor -chocolate, french vanilla, or regular)
Wilton Cookies and Cream Sprinkles (you could use the colored sprinkles as well)
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Directions:
Use a Glass or Metal 9x13 inch pan. Arrange 6 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan. Spread the sandwiches with 3/4 cup Cool Whip. Drizzle with Chocolate Syrup. Repeat Layers (6 sandwiches, 3/4 cup Cool Whip, Chocolate Drizzle). Scatter Sprinkles on top.
Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Note: If you do not plan to use this right away, then you can cover it with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 1 week. Thaw 15 minutes before serving to make the slices easier to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment