Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Homemade Parmesan Pizza Dough & Goat Cheese, Mushroom, & Chicken Deep Dish Pizza



A long, long time ago, when I was a preteen learning to cook, my Aunt Teri gave me the best Pizza Dough recipe ever. I still use it anytime I want to make homemade pizza. This week, I made the yummiest Goat Cheese, Mushroom, & Chicken pizza with the aforementioned pizza crust. My hubby declared it "gourmet" and "delicious".


I recently got a coupon for a free block of Chavrie Goat Cheese with Basil & Roasted Garlic, and it turned out to be the perfect ingredient to our pizza pie.
Have a wonderful weekend. You are prayed for my friends! God listens when we call to Him, always showing us His Unfailing Love.
Psalm 17: 6-7
"I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
Bend down and listen as I pray.
Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways."


Pamesan Deep Dish Pizza Dough
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 pkg quick-rising yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugr
1 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Directions:
Mix yeast with warm water. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, parmesan cheese, and oil. Add water/yeast mixture and stir until blended. Turn your oven on at 300 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Then, turn your oven off. Open the oven door for a minute. Cover the bowl of pizza dough with a wet dish towel and place the bowl in the closed (and off) oven. Let the dough rise in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Take the dough out, sprinkle with flour, and "punch" dough down. Let rise 20-35 minutes more. Grease the pizza pan with cooking spray or olive oil. Spread the dough on the pan. Add toppings and bake for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees.



Goat Cheese, Mushroom, & Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
1 recipe Pizza Crust
1 8 oz can Hunts Tomato Sauce with Roasted Garlic
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1 can Mushroom Pieces or about 1/2 cup fresh Mushrooms
1 5.3 oz Chavrie Basil & Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese (about 1/2 cup)
2 cups cooked and diced grilled chicken
Mozzarella Cheese (2 cups)


Directions:
Place Pizza dough on a greased circular pizza pan, covering the bottom. Spoon the Tomato sauce over the dough. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. Sprinkle Mushrooms over the sauce. Spoon the goat cheese over the pizza. Sprinkle the grilled chicken over the pizza. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment