Saturday, May 15, 2010

Missing Muffins??? No worries...Muffin #59: Gingerbread Muffins


Hello my Beautiful Friends! I am back :-). I am so sorry for the absence in blog posts. I was terribly sick for an entire week with an awful stomach flu and then my hubby and I were gone for a long vacation to the Virgin Islands to celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary. It was an absolutely amazing vacation, and I feel so very blessed to have shared in God's breathtaking creation with my amazing hubby. We swam with the dolphins, snorkled, explored, shopped, and sunbathed for 7 glorious days. After we returned, I was busy filling the Coffeehouse Orders for my Baking Business so I am just now getting around to blogging and to resuming my 100 muffin baking quest.

Today, I restarted the muffin madness with Gingerbread Muffins. I have been searching all over our little town for crystallized ginger candy, and wouldn't you know I would find it in St. Thomas. Who knew you had to travel to the Carribean to find such delicacies :-)? Hopefully, you will have better luck finding it where you live if you attempt to make these muffins.

It is a shame that my Mom and Dad just left to return home to N.C. because my Dad adores Gingerbread, and I know that he would have loved these muffins. They turned out quite yummy, and I think they would be delicious served warm with a lemon glaze drizzled on top. Or, top one with a dollop of cool whip for an extra special treat.
Tomorrow's Muffin: Cranberry & Orange Muffins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gingerbread Muffins

Ingredients:

oil or melted butter, for greasing (if using)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
heaping 1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 pieces preserved ginger in syrup, finely chopped (I used 3 pieces crystallized ginger candy)

2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk

4 tbsp dark corn syrup
6 tbsp canola oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with 12 muffin paper liners.

To make the muffins, sift together the flour, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in the light brown sugar and chopped ginger.

Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl, then beat in the milk, oil, and corn syrup. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until combined; do not overmix.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until well risen and firm to the touch. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment