Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Cobbler & Entering God's Presence with the Password: Thank YOU!

On Monday, I wanted to bake my sweet friend something 'sweet' because she just had a baby and has been taking care of both her little boys while her husband is in Nicarauga for two weeks. So, I looked in my pantry and thought, "Hmmm....., what could I make that would be yummy and nutritious, too???" Well, after perusing the pantry for awhile, I decided to come up with an Apple Cinnamon Cobbler. I had bought a couple of cans of Apple Pie Filling free after coupons and had yet to use them (I prefer using the real-deal apples in my pies).

Try it and let me know how you like it. I have been told it was pretty delish...and my taste tester enjoyed it warm with a scoop of Blue Bell Vanilla Bean Ice Cream :-). You could use any type of pie filling you like-I am sure cherry or blueberry would be yummy too.

I wanted to share a passage that God has blessed my heart with this week-Psalm 100. I love the way it reads in the MESSAGE translation. I want to wake up each day applauding God and entering his presence with the password 'Thank You' and the gifts of laughter and song.



Psalm 100


"On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his presence.



Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him. We're his people, his well-tended sheep.


Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.

Thank him. Worship him.
For God is sheer beauty,
all-generous in love,
loyal always and ever."




Have a wonderful day! You are prayed for and loved!






Apple Cinnamon Cobbler

Ingredients:
One Large Can of Apple Pie Filling (in heavy syrup)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon apple pie spice (or cinnamon)

Directions:
Place the butter in a baking dish and put in a 350 degree oven until the butter has melted (this takes about 5 minutes). Leave the oven on. Stir together the flour, apple pie spice (or cinnamon) and sugar. Gradually stir in the milk, mixing well. Pour the mixture on top of the melted butter (DO NOT STIR). Place the Apples from the can on top of the batter (Reserve the Juice in the Can). You can use a slotted spoon to help with this step. DO NOT STIR. Gently pour the reserved syrup from the can over the top of the apples. DO NOT STIR (the batter will rise to the top on its own while baking). Bake the cobbler for 30 minutes. This is best served warm with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.








1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post!! Thank you for sharing that passage from The Message. I often find myself pulling The Message from the shelf as I'm studying just to get that extra insight. This was great!

    ReplyDelete