Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year, New Mercies, and YUMMY Appetizers

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (New Living Translation)

Wow! I cannot believe it is almost 2010! I am looking into this New Year with a heart full of hope and gratitude. This coming year, my awesome hubby and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on May 28th! I feel so thankful to God for blessing me with such an amazing man to share life with. If you would like to see just how awesome he is, you can read my previous post at http://butterflykissesntastydishes.blogspot.com/2009/11/gods-great-gift-to-my-heartmy-husband.html
My Hubby and I have a heart full of desires and hopes and dreams and we are lifting them up to God in this New Year, and we are expecting His Love and Blessings to pour over us. I love that the God we serve is not suprised by any trial that we face, any hurt that overwhelms us, any desire that goes unfulfilled in our "time line", or any worries and fears that weigh us down. One of my favorite verses is Lamentations 3:22-23, "The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." Two things I can always count on-God's love for me is UNENDING, and His mercies are fresh every morning. Lately, I have been imagining His love pursuing me, chasing me, surrounding me, enveloping me, washing over me, and consuming me. Two of my newest favorite songs are by Tenth Avenue North. The first is called, "TIMES." Here is a link so you can listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVHeVDML5k
The second song is called, "Hold My Heart." The link to that video can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6udsW9leA&feature=related
Please take some time this week to listen to these songs and allow God to overwhelm you with His love and His promise of His presence and new mercies this New Year.

Now, I know many of you will be hosting or attending New Year's Eve Parties and I wanted to give you some ideas for a couple of appetizers to make or bring. Both are fairly easy, and super yummy. Hope you enjoy! Happy New Year! Thanks so much for reading my blog!
_______________________________________

Postively “Melt-in-Your-Mouth, Do-the-Happy-Dance” Peanut Butter Fudge
Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup peanut butter
1- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Add the peanut butter, stirring until melted. Next, add the marshmallow creme and vanilla; beat until well blended.Spread in a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 - inch pan. Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate. Cut into squares when firm. Enjoy! I promise that you will not be able to stop at just one piece ;-)!
_______________________________________
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
This recipe was given to me by my BFF in North Carolina who guest posted for me on my birthday http://butterflykissesntastydishes.blogspot.com/2009/10/carolina-blue-birthday-wishes-pumpkin.html
She is a SUPERB baker and an even more SUPERB friend.

Ingredients:
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese
½ cup butter, soft
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
¼ tsp. vanilla
¾ cup mini chocolate chips finely chopped/shaved chocolate

Directions:
Beat together butter and cream cheese. Mix in sugars and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Shave chocolate with a vegetable peeler to roll the ball in. Cover and chill 2 hours. Shape into ball, wrap with saran wrap, and chill 1 hour. Roll in shaved chocolate before serving. * Serve with graham cracker sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment