Monday, November 16, 2009

God's Great Gift to My Heart~~My Husband


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOOGLY BEAR!!!


November 17, 1970....that was the day that God did something pretty amazing. I know what you are thinking, "God does pretty amazing things pretty much everyday", but on this day (November 17, 1970), God breathed His breath of life until the most amazing man I know. November 17th is my husband, Darin's birthday. I am full of gratitude that God would allow me the honor of sharing life with this humble, loving, and handsome man! He makes me laugh, He holds me when I cry, and He reminds me that God is always in control. Here are just a few of the many reasons I love my Birthday Boy:


1. He is so very Handsome.

2. He is constant.

3. He is humble.

4. He loves God with a faith that is genuine (not "bragalicious" as a dear friend just described him).

5. He has a cute wit/humor

6. He is a terrific foot massager :-)!

7. He is an amazing Father.

8. He is very patient.

9. He always encourages me to pursue/particpate in the things that make me smile.

10. He esteems me.

11. He is so very intelligent.

12. He is full of integrity.

13. He is trustworthy.

14. He is honest.

15. He is handsome.

16. He is an amazing teacher.

17. He is a great leader.

18. He strengthens my heart with words of affirmation.

19. He makes me feel cherished, safe, and secure.

20. Did I mention that he is handsome???


Happy Birthday to my Googly Bear! Your Smootsie Poo Loves You Immensely! It is truly an honor to be your wife!


BTW-This post is in Orange in honor of Googly Bear's favorite team-the Oklahoma State Cowboys!
____________________________________
One thing my Incredible Hubby does not do very often is cook; however, he has been known to make (and eat very large quantities) of this easy, fun snack with a funny name.
Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies)
This is such a fun snack for kids to help make and help eat. It is very addictive so eater beware!


Ingredients:
9 cups Corn, Rice, Wheat, or Chocolate Chex Cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In 1 qt microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal stirring to coat evenly. Pour into a 2 gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment