Sunday, February 24, 2013

Contributing to Beauty

Do you ever feel worn out, just burdened by so many things, on the verge of exhaustion, overwhelmed, inpatient, etc? If you are a Mama then the answer is "Yes". Lately, I have felt all these things, often at the same time. This morning in church, I could feel the tears on the crisp of falling. I fought to hold them in because I was fearful that if they started to fall it would be an avalanche of brokenness. I am not good at expressing my feelings or my hurts, and they often get bottled up inside only to surface at the most inappropriate times in a not-so-pretty manner.

Right now our family is burdened with two house payments, raising provisions for our adoption, health issues, family concerns, ongoing grief over our daughter in heaven, insecurities, and recovering from two months of sicknesses in our home. Exhaustion mentally, physically, and spiritually overwhelms daily.

So when I first heard this song, "Worn" last week, I felt like God was speaking clearly to me (song link is below). He is able to carry my burdens, to give me the rest I seek, to heal our sicknesses, to sell our home, to give peace in our grief. My God is Able in ALL things. How often I forget that.  I think as Christians we often get so consumed in our messy lives that we forget who can make beauty from those messes. God sees the final picture, and that picture is a beautiful masterpiece. My current messiness is just a small part that contributes to that final beauty. So, I can choose to see my discouragement and anxieties as contributors to beauty or as a mess. When I choose the "mess" option, my heart will feel the same-an utter mess. However, if I focus on who I know God to be (Faithful to keep His Promises; Able to perform miracles; Always Present with me; Always for me; Always loving me; Never giving up on me) then, and only then, can I view my circumstances as "contributors to beauty."

No matter what you face today, dear friends, your circumstance is a CONTRIBUTOR TO BEAUTY,  so surrender it to God. He is the only who can bring beauty from ashes and joy in the morning.


"Worn" by Tenth Avenue North
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUEy8nZvpdM


Romans 8:28
The Message (MSG)

26-28 Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.






No comments:

Post a Comment