Wednesday, April 13, 2011

White Chocolate Jelly Bean Bark-the Perfect Preschool Easter Treat



Next week, my son's four year old class is having an Easter Party, and I am responsible for bringing the "sweet" treat. I was told it is better not to bring cupcakes because they are too filling, too messy, and too full of sugar (the children will have lots of other snacks to enjoy as well). At first, I was super disappointed because cupcakes are my speciality. I have the cutest Easter cupcake with shredded toasted coconut, Peeps chickens, and Whoppers Easter eggs. But, I recovered quickly from the cupcake creation letdown when I came across this fun and easy recipe for "White Chocolate Jelly Bean Bark".


I decided to do a trial-run of the recipe this week prior to making several batches for his party next Wednesday. It was a huge success! This turned out to be such a pretty, Springy, simply delicious, and insanely easy-to-make treat. I used Starburst Jelly Beans because they are by far the BEST! Seriously, I could eat an entire bag of the in one sitting. So, if you are looking for a different kind of Easter Goodie to make for your children, then try this recipe. This Jelly Bean Bark would be such a fun gift to give to your childrens' teachers packaged in a cute Easter cellophane bag and tied with pastel-colored ribbon. You can find packages of holiday-themed cellophane bags at the Dollar Tree.


Have a Blessed, Joy-Filled Day!! You are prayed for daily and loved Immensely by your Heavenly Father!!


“Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what he told you back in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day." Luke 24:5-7



White Chocolate Jelly Bean Bark



Ingredients:

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) White Chocolate Chips

2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (I use Crisco Sticks)

1/2 cup Starburst Jelly Beans, divided (or your favorite Jelly Bean brand)


Directions:

LINE baking sheet with wax paper.

MICROWAVE chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute;

STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Jelly Beans.

SPREAD mixture to 1/4-inch thickness on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Jelly Beans. Refrigerate or Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature (I store mine in the refrigerator because I think it tastes better cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment