Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Bread & Pregnancy Makeover Voting




Two things I love right now...Being Pregnant and Baking! I am currently five months along with a beautiful baby girl. Now that I am in the second trimester I am feeling so much better and baking so much more. At a recent playdate, one of my close friends reminded me of the zucchini bread that I made for her family over a year ago. She said that her son loved it and she loved that he was getting veggies in his tummy :). So, I pulled out my recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread and make a double batch-with plenty to enjoy and some to share with my friends.

To shred the zucchini, I peeled and chopped up one zucchini in small pieces and then stuck the pieces in my mini chopster and let it do the "shredding" work for me. So easy! The zucchini can not be seen or tasted so you will definitly "succeed" in sneaking the veggies in your child's dessert :). I hope you enjoy the recipe! It is super yummy-loved by adults and kiddos!

After you stick your loaves in the oven, would you do me a favor and click over to this website:
http://themonitor.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=25937&s=6856121&i=1 and click on the vote tab above my picture an story. Our local paper is sponsoring a Mommy Makeover Contest for moms who are pregnant now. You can vote once per hour. I would love to win the spa day package that they are giving away. Thanks so much!! Feel free to spread the word to everyone you know. Voting ends March 15th.

God Bless you my Friends! You are prayed for and loved dearly by your Heavenly Father!!




Psalm 127:4
"One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."




Chocolate Zucchini Bread




Ingredients:


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder


2 teaspoons baking soda


1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1/2 teaspoon ground cloves


1/4 teaspoon salt


1 cup packed light brown sugar


1/2 cup granulated sugar


1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature


1/2 cup canola oil


3 eggs


1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract


1/2 cup buttermilk


3 cups grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)




Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease 2 (9x5) inch loaf pans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.


In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and oil until light, about 2 minutes. Mix in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and buttermilk. Mix in the flour mixture, then stir in the zucchini.


Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out dry.


Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the bread onto a wire rack and turn right side up to cool completely. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment