Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Kindred Spirit's Hummingbird Cake







My Kindred Spirit and otherwise Bestest Friend in the World, is an AWESOME Baker. I have featured several of her yummy recipes in my blog before. She TOTALLY needs her own blog, but until she starts sharing her AWESOMENESS with the world, I will just have to do it for her :).

I made 10 of her Hummingbird Cakes at Easter Time for my Baking Business. They were such a big hit that I was asked to make more for Father's Day. At Easter Time, you can decorate them with PEEPS Chicks, Whoppers Easter Eggs, and Toasted Coconut for the Birdy's Nest. Otherwise, I just top them with Toasted Coconut and Pecans. ENJOY!

Thanks, Charity, Love you Bushels and Pecks!
If memory serves me correctly, one of my BFF's Favorite Bible Verses is Jeremiah 29:11. Please remember, my dear friends, God's plans for you are ALWAYS good-in Him you have a Future and HOPE. You are prayed for and loved dearly!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
You can find Charity's other recipes here:
Pumpkin Cheesecake:
Apple Bread & Buttermilk Pancakes:
Monkey Bread Muffins:


~~~


Hummingbird Cake

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1¼ cups oil
3 eggs (beaten)
1 - 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups diced bananas
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:
For the Cake

Grease a bundt pan or three 9 inch cake pans.
Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir instead of beating. Stir in pineapple with juice, bananas, and pecans.
Bake at 350°F in bundt pan for about 70 minutes. Bake in round pans for about 35 minutes. Test with toothpick to verify cake is done.


For the Cream Cheese Icing

Cool cake and ice with cream cheese icing. Mix together 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese and 1 stick butter. Then add ½ to 1 whole box of confectioners’ sugar, along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla.




No comments:

Post a Comment