Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day #54: Wheat Germ, Banana & Pumpkin Seed Muffins


Hello Friends! I am back from my short blogging break and ready to hop right back into our 100 muffins in 100 days adventure. Today I decided to make a super-healthy, packed-full-of-good-stuff, muffin-Wheat Germ, Banana, and Pumpkin Seeds. I added a heaping tablespoon of cinnamon to give these cuties extra flavor and to hide all the healthy stuff from my toddler ;-). They turned out great, and I even shared this healthy snack with my friend's Zumba class (Latin Dance/Exercise).
Tomorrow's Muffin: Blackberry Crumble

I encourage you to see the newly released movie, "Letters To God." My hubby and I went to see it on Friday night, and it was AMAZING. My heart has still not emotionally recovered from it. It was produced by Christian producers who worked on the movies, Fireproof and Facing the Giants. One thing that I was left with from the movie is that "HOPE IS CONTAGIOUS".
God has been teaching me over the past few months to daily put my HOPE in His promises & His unfailing Love. Some days I am pretty good at surrendering my fears, doubts, worries, and burdens in exchange for God's Hope. Some days...not so much...I fail miserably and walk around "hopeless". But the truth is, I am never without HOPE because I am never without God.

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and ...in his word I put my hope."
"Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without words - and never stops, at all." Emily Dickinson.
My prayer for you is that you daily put your HOPE in God and that Your Hope spreads to everyone around you.
Thanks for reading my friends. You are prayed for and loved!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wheat Germ, Banana, & Pumpkin Seed Muffins

Ingredients:
oil or melted butter, for greasing (if using)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup superfine sugar
2 cups wheat germ
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 bananas
2 large eggs
2/3 cup skim milk
6 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp cinnamon (my addition)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with 12 muffin paper liners.

Sift together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, wheat germ, and 1/4 cup of the pumpkin seeds.

Mash the bananas and put in a pitcher. Make up the puree to 1 cup with the milk.

Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl, then beat in the banana, milk mixture and oil. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle the remaining pumpkin seeds over the tops of the muffins. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until well risen, golden brown, and firm to the touch. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes,then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment