Thursday, January 31, 2013

100 Day of School Creativity

My son's Kindergarten class is celebrating the 100th day of school this Friday. We turned to Pinterest and found some super cute ideas. My son wanted a red shirt with 100 Googly eyes so we found a shirt and the eyes at Michaels for less than $5 total. We had fun drawing the shape of a silly monster with teeth onto the shirt. We just used a black sharpie marker, and it worked great. My son attends a private Christian school, and each week they memorize a different verse so we added the verse from 1 Corinthians 2:9 “No EYE has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” Next, we just hot-glued the 100 Googly eyes randomly inside the monster shape. The shirt turned out super cute, and my six year old is so excited to be a Googly-Eyed Monster on Friday :-).


We decided to make a fun and yummy treat for his classmates as well. I took snack-sized ziploc bags and put Keebler fudge sticks as the number 1 and two Keebler fudge stripe cookies as the two zeros. We put labels on the bags that said, "I am blessed 100 times to have you as my friend". He can't wait to share them with his friends on Friday. 
 
I love that his class is celebrating little and big holidays. I love celebrations because it brings smiles to my children, helps them feel special and loved, and teaches them to show love to others.
Have a BLESSED day, my Friends. You are prayed for and loved dearly by your Heavenly Father!!
 
Rest in this Amazing Promise today:

1 Corinthians 2:9

“No EYE has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment