Thursday, June 14, 2012

Egg,Cheese & Sausage Puffed Biscuits




We were blessed this week to have friends from Mission visit us, and their visit gave me the opportunity to bake lots of yummy treats. I made these Egg, Cheese, and Turkey Sausage Puffed Biscuits for breakfast, and they were a huge hit. I originally pinned this recipe on pinterest, but I made several changes (substituting bacon with turkey sausage, and using Grands biscuits instead of the regular sized pillsbury biscuits). These are going to be my go-to recipe for biscuits from now on. The cheese melted inside perfectly and the enclosed biscuit around the filling makes them a portable on-the-go breakfast for my husband and kiddos. You could change the filling to include any ingredients that you like, but I chose scrambled eggs, crumbled turkey sausage, and cheddar cheese. I am sure mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, or bacon would be great additions as well. Enjoy!!

You are prayed for and dearly loved by your Heavenly Father!! Show Hospitality to your friends, neighbors, and family today. Bake something Yummy and Share the Love of Christ with them through your hugs, smiles, and random acts of kindness.
Romans 12:13
"Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

Egg, Cheese, & Sausage Puffed Biscuits

Ingredients:

1 package of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (8 biscuits)
4 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties (cooked and crumbled)
5 eggs scrambled
4 cheese slices, cut in half
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp. water
Pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees . Using a rolling pin or your hands flatten each biscuit. Top each biscuit with a spoonful of egg, a spoonful of sausage and 1/2 slice of cheese. Pull up on each corner to form into a ball, pressing together at the seam. Place in greased muffin tins, seam side down. Lightly whisk water into egg yolk and brush over each muffin. Top with pepper to taste. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool on baking rack and serve warm. Yield: 8 Biscuit Puffs
Note: I made these the night before I put the muffin tin in the refrigerator covered with foil. The next morning, I just popped them in the oven and they cooked perfectly.

1 comment: