Have a Blessed and Beautiful Father's Day Weekend! You are prayed for daily and dearly loved by your Heavenly Father.
"Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever." Psalm 23:6
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
¾ cups White Sugar
¾ cups Light Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
½ teaspoons Salt
1 cup Cold Butter, Cut Into Small Pieces (2 sticks)
8 ounces, Blackberry Jam (1 cup)
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
2 cups Blackberries, Flattened and Smashed with a Fork
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Add the chopped up cold butter and work it into the dry ingredients with your fingers, a fork, or a pastry blender until the mixture looks like small crumbles. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this mixture.
3. Dump the remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan and press it into an even and thick crust.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes or until it is firm to touch. Do not brown.
5. Remove pan from oven. Warm the blackberry jam in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir in the lemon zest. Drizzle the warm jam over the warm crust and spread with a spatula. Spread the smooshed blackberries over the crust. Sprinkle on the reserved cup and a half of crumb mixture.
6. Return pan to 350 degree F oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the crumbs on top are lightly browned. Then remove it from the oven and let the pan cool for 1 hour.
7. Melt the white chocolate in microwave at 20 second intervals until fully melted, making sure to use a microwaveable safe dish. Drizzle melted white chocolate c over the streusel top. Cut into bars. ENJOY!
Makes 15-18 bars (dependent upon the size of the bars you slice)